So a few months ago I wrote a post with my Disney to do list…well I have been and come back…and its seems an age ago! How did I do?
- Visit all 4 parks in one day! – I did not manage this one…although I did do 3 parks several times
- Ride Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – Done, it is a great ride, however, it just isn’t long enough!!
- Watch Festival of Fantasy Parade – Done – I loved this parade, Maleficient the Dragon is awesome…it breathes fire!!
- Eat a French Pastry in France – Done – Chocolate Chip Brioche from Les Halles Boulangerie
- Enjoy an Ice Cream Sundae at MK – I had 2 (not on the same day though!)
- Have a Nutella, Strawberry and Banana Waffle Sandwich from Sleepy Hollow in MK – I had this twice…they were absolutely delish 🙂
- Eat a Carrot Cake Cookie from The Writer’s Stop @ Hollywood Studios – Even though I wasn’t really hungry I ate one of these whilst I waited for the Osbourne Spectacle of Lights
- Win a game on Toy Story Midway Mania! – Done, but I’m sure he let me win!!!
- Have a Hot Chocolate from Ghiradelli – Did not manage this one…due to the construction at DTD we did not spend much time there.
- See the Osborne Spectacle of Lights switch on – Done…just, I managed to make it on their last night, it was awesome…I love the music and snow it is so magical.
- Watch the Fireworks at either MK or EPCOT (ideally both!) – We watched the MK fireworks from our balcony when we stayed at the Grand Floridian
- Afternoon Tea in the Garden View Tea Room at Disney’s Grand Floridian – Done – this was amazing…we had the Princess Kate Tea, we will definitely be back
Off to plan our next trip 🙂
I love to knit and usually I only knit for myself…pretty selfish I know but hey if I don’t finish something there is only myself to disappoint! A few weeks ago a close friend of Lesley’s (who I work with) had identical twins 13 weeks early, both babies were very poorly and Lesley noticed that the babies had hand knitted bonnets and blankets in the incubators. She instantly decided that it would be a great cause to knit for and appealed to the staff and friends of Black Sheep to get their knitting needles and crochet hooks out! Head on over to the Black Sheep Blog to read the full story and updates on how the campaign is going.
If you would like to help, find some premature patterns here.
I made a ventilator bonnet in the Sirdar Tiny Tots, I hope to make some other items too.
On a positive note, even though the twins are still very poorly, they are doing great.
So on our recent trip to Florida we visited the V-Room at Manchester Airport, Terminal 2. This Lounge is exclusive to Virgin Holidays customers, requires pre-booking and there is a fee.
We had checked in for our flight the previous day so we dropped our bags at the bag drop desk, proceeded through security and straight to the lounge. We were greeted at the door by a friendly lady and learned we were only 1 of 2 families in the V-Room that morning. We found a table and settled in, nothing was too much for the staff in the lounge. We had a great view of the airport and could see planes coming and going to the runway, it is also close to the gates so you don’t have far to walk.
There is free WIFI in the lounge which is great for some last minute catch up on your social media accounts…or write a blog post 🙂
As it was an early flight it was time for breakfast, they offered an array of cereal, pastries, fruit, smoothies and being just after Christmas there were some festive pastries too. They also have hot, made to order food, including full English breakfast, bacon sarnies…even a Pancake machine…
I went for “The Benedicto”…it was delicious. I then had a ‘dessert’ of Pancakes, Marshmallows and Sprinkles!!
The Inflight Magazine, Retail Therapy Magazines and other magazines were available in the Lounge and you could even take them away with you! It was great to be able to plan what Movies to watch on the plane.
Other facilities available
- Computer with access to the internet and Kids area with gaming and Xbox
- Virgin Holidays experts to help with any last minute additions to your holiday…or even book another trip!
- There is a full-service bar although there is an additional charge for this though 🙂
- You can even check in for your car hire so that there is less to do when you arrive…we had already checked in online so didn’t need to use this facility.
My only complaint…you have to be a Virgin Holidays customer!!
The V-Room is a great way to start your vacation in a relaxed, pleasant environment. I would definitely recommend the V-Room and will be using it ourselves in the future…it is certainly an incentive to buy a Virgin Holidays package too.