Before I went to Disneyland, CA, I made a to-do list…so did I manage to accomplish everything?
- Jolly Holiday Bakery for the macaroons and macarons – I had both a Mickey shaped Macaron and a Matterhorn Macaroon.
- It’s a Small World, Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean…just so I can compare them to Walt Disney World! – All three ridden!
- Pinocchio’s daring adventure – Done
- Mr Toad’s Wild Ride – Done
- Matterhorn Bobsleds – Done – this ride throws you around a bit and is not very comfortable!
- Mickey’s Toontown, I really miss Toontown since it was closed at Walt Disney World. – I visited this during the Halloween party, to collect candy, so did not spend as much time as I wanted to.
- Hyperspace Mountain, am not a fan of this attraction at Walt Disney World. – Done, the ride vehicle here is much better than at WDW.
- Animation Academy, this was one of my favourite attractions at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and it is so sad that it has gone, I hope they relocate it somewhere else. – Unfortunately, I did not manage this attraction.
- Soarin’ around the world – I loved Soarin’ and am very sad to see it go, but I am looking forward to experiencing the new film and where better than Disneyland! – Done, as much as the new film is good, I prefer the California film way more!
- Paint the Night Parade – didn’t do 😦
- World of Color – not sure whether this will be the 60th version or the original one…either way I don’t mind as I have never experienced it at all – didn’t do this either.
- Rope drop – I got to the parks several times for rope drop.
- Afternoon parade – I watched Mickey’s Soundsational parade at Disneyland and Pixar Play Parade at Disney California Adventure – my favourite parade is Festival of Fantasy at the Magic Kingdom.
- Cars Land – done, I love this land and it was fab at dusk when they switched the lights on
- Toy Story Midway Mania! I love this attraction – Done
- Lobster Nachos at the Cove Bar – There is a DIS Unplugged video with Ryno and Tom – they were delicious
- Cozy Cone Motel for food! Unfortunately, I didn’t have anything to eat from here…there were far too many other food options!!
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – this has now been re-themed as Guardians of the Galaxy – Mission – BREAKOUT – I got to ride one last time, the Disney’s Hollywood Studios version is much better!!
- Monsters Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue! – Done
I also attended Mickey’s Halloween Party at the Disneyland Park which was amazing, there was so much candy!!
Although I did not do everything on my list I got so much done in the five days, by the end of it I was absolutely shattered and my feet needed a well-earned rest…which they got in Las Vegas!