D23 is the official fan club for The Walt Disney Company, every two years they hold the D23 Expo., it is “The Ultimate Disney Event”. There were some pretty big announcements for the parks, many of which have been rumours for some time.
- TRON, this coaster is coming from Shanghai, there were rumours that it would replace Tomorrowland Speedway, it would make sense to replace this attraction, however it is an opening day attraction and has a lot of fans, well as it turns out the new TRON attraction will be in a space behind the Speedway, Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover also looks to be safe…phew, I love this attraction.
- There is going to be a new theatre off Main Street, U.S.A. and will be home to a new show, the design will be based on the Willis Wood Theater in 1920s Kansas City. It sounds like it may be in an area off-stage, currently seen only at busy times, behind the shops (right-hand side when looking at Cinderella’s castle). It will be great to have another show.
- The Ratatouille ride is coming to the France pavilion in EPCOT’s World Showcase, this ride already exists at Disneyland Paris and I have heard it is a great ride which uses a trackless ride mechanism. I am really looking forward to this attraction, it will be a great addition to France.
- There is going to be an updated ‘Green’ mission on Mission Space, this sounds fab, I have ridden this attraction in the past, however, it isn’t something I am a big fan of. Even better this will be opening when the attraction comes out of its latest rehab in August.
- A Guardians of the Galaxy themed attraction will be replacing Ellen’s Energy Adventure, I haven’t seen the films yet but it seems like they are being integrated into the parks, Tower of Terror in Disneyland has already undergone its transformation and seems to be popular. I am sure I have been on Ellen’s Energy Adventure, however not for some time, it would have been nice to experience this attraction one last time, but the closing date has been announced as the 13th August 2017.
- Toy Story Land is due to open in Summer 2018!! That is next year, how exciting is that. There are lots of images on the internet showing the progress and you can see that the Slinky Dog coaster is complete:
- On a sadder note, The Great Movie Ride is closing in August to make way for a new Mickey and Minnie attraction. I love The Great Movie Ride, and yes, it is rather dated but I will miss it and am sad I cannot experience it one last time. It is also going to make the Studios even more bare.
- Star Wars Land now has an official name ‘Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge’…it will always be Star Wars Land to me!! I am not a massive Star Wars fan, however, the model of the land looks amazing.
What are you excited about?